- : an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs
- : an extremely outstanding or unusual event, thing, or accomplishment
- Christian Science: a divinely natural phenomenon experienced humanly as the fulfillment of spiritual law
This definition explains a traditional view of miracles as something supernatural and divinely generated, belonging only to the theists in the crowd. But what about people who don’t believe in a deity? Don’t they get to experience miracles too? I say they do.
Here is my full definition of a miracle.
- And explosion of awe (often accompanied by a feeling of joy) upon experiencing something beautiful, wonderful or inexplicable
- The awareness of the complexity of life and everything in it
- Deep gratitude for the privilege of being alive in this time and place knowing that you could have just as easily not been.
- Extending this sense of awe, joy, awareness and gratitude to everything and everyone you encounter
Miracles belong to everyone. You only need to be willing to recognize them.